Monday, October 20, 2008

Do not hurry.

Do not hurry. Sometimes we rush and hurry through life -- always trying to get quickly to the next place.

When Jesus Christ was here on this earth, He did not hurry. Even though He was the Son of God and had so much good to do for the world, He took time to spend with people. Once a woman who had been bleeding for years came up to Him and touched His clothing and was healed. Even though He was going somewhere else, He stopped and looked for her and spoke and ministered to her. He could have said "I am too busy and important and in such a hurry" -- but He slowed down and took time.

So you and I can slow down and take time to listen to Jesus. Once I was in a hurry to go somewhere and did not stop and help my neighbor who needed help moving something. If I were really listening to Jesus, I think I should have stopped and slowed down and helped my neighbor, then gone on my way.

These next few days, let us slow down a little bit and listen to God. Ask Christ how He would have you love someone around you. Spend some time with God; He is your heavenly Father and loves to spend time with you as His child.

This week, can I suggest that we pray

  • That each of us will slow down and spend time with God and love one another
  • That God would help us present the good news of Jesus Christ to a million people in the next 3 weeks

THANK YOU so much for your prayers. God has promised to hear and answer prayer. "Call upon Me in the day of trouble, and I will answer you."

"Be still, and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth." Psalm 46:10

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails