Tuesday, December 9, 2008

My yoke is easy

Gospel of the Day (Matthew 11:28-30)

Come to me, all you who labor and are burdened, and I will give you rest.

Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am meek and humble of heart; and you will find rest for your selves.

For my yoke is easy, and my burden light."

***

Reflections:

"My yoke is easy"

God bears within himself a very great humility. He is able to stoop down to people like ourselves and become dependant on us for such activities as living, growing and bearing fruit. He could have done this instantaneously without our help. However, he stooped down to us, he has led each one of us here, to call us together and make up this community. If you had refused, he would not have been able to do it. And indeed, we could have refused; each one of us could have said «No». God would have waited patiently until someone had said «Yes».

What makes me understand this is when Jesus says: «Learn of me, for I am meek and humble of heart.» He truly wanted us to accept that the call of each one of us is truly a gift of God himself.

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails