Thursday, December 4, 2008

Of you my heart speaks:... your presence, Lord, I seek. Hide not your face from me.

Gospel of the Day (Matthew 9:27-31)

And as Jesus passed on from there, two blind men followed (him), crying out, "Son of David, have pity on us!"

When he entered the house, the blind men approached him and Jesus said to them, "Do you believe that I can do this?" "Yes, Lord," they said to him.

Then he touched their eyes and said, "Let it be done for you according to your faith."

And their eyes were opened. Jesus warned them sternly, "See that no one knows about this."

But they went out and spread word of him through all that land.

***

Reflections:

"Of you my heart speaks:... your presence, Lord, I seek. Hide not your face from me" (Ps 27[26],8)

Now, my whole heart, say to God: «I seek your face; Lord, it is your face that I seek» (Ps 27[26],8). O Lord, my God, teach my heart where and how to seek you, where and how to find you. Lord, if you are not here but absent, where shall I seek you? But you are everywhere, so you must be here; why then do I not seek you? Surely you dwell in light inaccessible – where is it? And how can I have access to light which is inaccessible? Who will lead me and take me into it so that I may see you there? By what signs, under what forms, shall I seek you? I have never seen you, O Lord my God, I have never seen your face. Most High Lord, what shall an exile do who is as far away from you as this? What shall your servant do, eager for your love, cast off far from your face? He longs to see you but your countenance is too far away. He wants to have access to you, but your dwelling is inaccessible. He longs to find you but he does not know where you are. He loves to seek you but he does not know your face.

Lord, you are my Lord and my God, and I have never seen you. You have created and recreated me; all the good I have comes from you, and still I do not know you. I was created to see you and I have not yet accomplished that for which I was made. How wretched is the fate of man when he has lost that for which he was created... Let me seek you by desiring you, and desire you by seeking you; let me find you by loving you and love you in finding you.

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails